As I was engaging in my nightly routine of scrolling through Pinterest, I came across this beautiful looking bread. Usually when I “pin” things, I do have an urge to make the recipe, but I never have time. However, this picture was just so beautiful and the recipe sounded too amazing to not make. I finally had time today to make it, and I don’t regret it. I pretty much followed the directions and recipe, with just (very minuscule) slight adjustments according to the ingredients I had.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
-1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-8 tbs butter
-1/2 cup coconut sugar (3/4 if you like more sweetness, but my mom enjoyed the 1/2 cup version, and she has a huge sweet tooth)
-7 medium strawberries
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 serving of Lily’s Sweets Chocolate Baking Chips (or any chocolate chips)
-1/4 cup whole cashews, then chopped
-optional: dough enhance that I got from Whole Foods. I’m not exactly sure if it works, but I like to use it anyways just in case sometimes. But this is completely optional, and the bread will be fine without it.
-Greek yogurt + stevia + cinnamon, chocolate sauce, cashews/chocolate chips/peanut butter, strawberries for the topping
Tools you will need:
-1 large bowl for the mix
-1 medium bowl for the bananas
-1 small bowl for the butter
-a small sauce pan
-fork, whisk, and solid spatula
1) Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2) Break up the bananas and put it into the medium bowl. Microwave for about 5 minutes.
3) Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and optional cinnamon/dough enhancer in the large bowl.
4) Once the bananas are done, transfer them to the strainer, and lay it on top of the sauce pan. Keep the medium bowl on the side. Mush the bananas with a fork occasionally for about 15 minutes.
5) While you’re waiting for the bananas, and occasionally mushing, you can chop up your strawberries and cashews.
6) After 15 minutes are up, transfer the bananas to the medium bowl again. Let the banana juice sit in the sauce pan on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Once that is done, transfer the juice to the medium bowl with the bananas.
7) Add the vanilla extract, eggs, butter, and coconut sugar to the large bowl. Whisk. The batter will be pretty thick.
8) Add in the banana/banana juice mix to the large bowl and mix with a fork (it is very hard to do with a whisk).
9) Fold in the chopped strawberries.
10) Spray the loaf pan, and pour in the batter. Make sure it’s all nice and smooth.
11) Add the chopped cashews and chocolate chips to the top, and bake for about 25-27 minutes.
12) Let it cool, slice it, and top with whatever you want!